Playing Catch UpPosted: July 8, 2012
Soooooo….it’s been quite a while since I’ve blogged, hasn’t it? I finally got a moment to sit down and reflect on what’s been keeping me from Ze Olde Blog and what I have planned for the future.
- I started my new job nearly a month ago, and all seems to be going as well as can be expected so far. I’m enjoying it, and I love getting to learn new things and concepts, so it’s been good for me. Almost everyone has been exceptionally welcoming, which makes the transition much easier. Because I am working in a highly secured area, dealing with all kinds of confidential information, I have to not only swipe a badge to get in to my department, but I also have to get my fingerprint scanned on a bio-metric machine outside the door. Kind of cool, huh?
- I spent every single weekend in June shooting portraits for families and children. I’m overwhelmed at how well they have all turned out and I will be blogging about them shortly, as well as offering sessions to anyone in the Birmingham area who is interested.
- I still have some pet sessions coming up, so if you haven’t booked one yet, drop me a line!
- I’ve added oodles and oodles of new images to my Etsy store (and I still have a huge pile that have yet to be added), so please do check them out.
- I purchased a WONDERFUL, AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME new all-in-one printer, the Canon Pixma MG6220, and it has changed my life. Well, not really. But it prints photographs just as well as the lab I use, and I’m loving the scanner, copier, and the fact that I can print something in SECONDS, compared to my old dinosaur of a printer that took more than a minute to print a page of text. Ahhh, technology.
….aaaand, that’s about it for now. I’m going to wind this Sunday night down with a good book (I’m currently reading Jo Nesbo’s The Redbreast on my Kindle and absolutely loving it), hang out with my husband for a little while, and then wake up to start a new week at the (still) new job.
I hope you all have a lovely Monday and I will be back later this week with more bloggy goodness.