Things That Must Be Done Before I Get HitchedPosted: January 12, 2011
I have so many, many things to do before I get married in April that I feel I may or may not go insane. I’ve really not thought much about the wedding since the engagement in October, and now that’s all coming to bite me. For my own sanity, I am hereby sharing my list of Things That Must Be Done, which is compounded by the fact that I am moving to a new apartment next month. Fortunately, I do my best work under pressure, and BOY am I starting to feel the pressure.
- Find boxes. Boxes of all shapes and sizes, boxes that are wide, boxes that are small, boxes that are huge, boxes that are tall.
- Pack up old apartment.
- Call movers to move me out of my apartment on February 15th. I will never, ever move myself again, especially since I am moving from one upstairs unit to another upstairs unit. The last move nearly killed me.
- Call about cable/internet/power/etc and schedule times to have these companies come hook me up with their services. The Fiance and I are going with AT&T U-Verse for our TV and internet, and I will be the happiest girl in the world when I finally tell Charter to stuff it.
- Find and purchase new bedroom set and new couch. (Anybody want a free couch?)
- Schedule honeymoon flights/accommodations/etc.
- Decide on which bakery I am going to have make my cupcake cake for the wedding.
- Decide where to get the rest of the food for the wedding.
- Decide on what decorations I want for the wedding.
- Make said decorations.
- Get addresses compiled for everyone we are inviting to the wedding.
- Set wording for our wedding invitations and take them to Kinko’s for printing.
- Find a wedding dress, shoes, hair doo-dad, etc.
- Decide on and purchase wedding bands.
- Get marriage license.
- Send invitations.
- Register at Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
I think that’s it, but I’m probably leaving out this or that. You may or may not see a Deborah-shaped hole in the window here at work in a few days….