Photography Goals (and Some Complaining!)Posted: November 1, 2010
I actually have a photographic goal for the week! Huzzah! It’s certainly taken me long enough, no? And really, when I admit it, I don’t have a PHOTOGRAPHY goal this week so much as I do a PHOTOGRAPHY SELLING goal. No, I don’t want to sell X number of photos by X day. Instead, my goal for the week is to get all of my photographs finally listed on ArtFire. Etsy has been pissing me off a LOT lately, and you can read about some of their most recent inane screw-ups in the following threads:
- Listing Fees and Pagination – Even Less Value for Money Now? – Oh, so if I don’t renew constantly I won’t even show in customer searches? NICE.
- New Profile Pages – Thanks for giving people another outlet OUT of my shop, Etsy!
- The New Social Etsy?
- Reasons Why the Front Page DOES Matter To Your Business – Etsy promotes the same sellers on the front page, day in and day out. There are even treasury teams dedicated to promoting each other constantly to get to the front page. No one else has a chance!
- More front page woe threads that were closed.
- Unbelievably dumb coral article.
- No GOOGLE SYNDICATION!! Why is it that Etsy can’t get me into Google Shopping AT ALL, but ArtFire can do it for every one of my items within MINUTES???
It feels more and more like it’s time to jump the Etsy ship. The only way to be seen on there is to renew your items constantly, and those twenty cents add UP! Instead of fixing their horrific search engine, they urge you to renew, renew, renew. Bah! I’m done playing THAT little game! I don’t think I will ever leave Etsy entirely, as it’s somewhat of a known name at this point and it has SO much potential if only the folks in charge would get their act together, but I am less than thrilled with it right now. Way less than thrilled.